My mom had been out in California visiting my sister Sara and Julie, my other sister was there from Wisconsin too. It was a little bit of a lonely week, knowing they were all together without me and Glen was in Hawaii! I did survive and got in some shopping for Gabe's birthday and even managed to get a few things packed! My dad drove down from Logan to pick up my mom from the airport and they decided to stay with us over the weekend. We planned to have a little birthday celebration for Gabriel on Saturday night. With my parents in town it was perfect that both sets of grandparents were able to be here!! I decided that we would just do cake and ice cream and call it good... but as it got closer and closer I just couldn't do it so simple!! (I know, I have a problem!!) So Saturday morning I woke up and ran into the store for streamers and balloons and I made a happy birthday banner!! I hurried and wrapped presents and tried to throw it all together. when my parents got here I was just pulling the cupcakes out of the oven. I left Glen to decorate them and my parents and I ran out to get stuff for dinner... we decided last minute to make it a pizza party! It was a little bit hectic that day, but so worth it!! We had a great time and although people kept telling me that Gabe's is only one and he doesn't care if there are streamers etc...I think that he noticed?
and hopefully it helped him to know how special he is to us!!
The cupcakes...
may I remind you that I left Glen home to decorate them... I left him no instruction only gave him the frosting, this is what he did!!! What? Who's husband will do that? Who's husband is ABLE to do that? um...MINE!! He is amazing! Aren't they the cutest?!!!
We had a salad bar, fresh fruit, pepperoni, hawaiian, or veggie pizza, and cold soda's
I made Gabe this little "birthday boy" party hat to wear!!





6 comments:
Holy cupcakes! Nice job, Glen! I think you've found your calling in life!
Even though I'm on the side of those who say that Gabe won't remember the streamers, I have to give you a gold star for effort. You consistently put Alicia and I to shame, I'm so impressed with what a great mom you are! I hope you were spoiled rotten on mother's day!
So cute!! Everything of course looked perfect!! And those cupcakes are the cutest things, good job Glen!!
Hope your feeling better!!
You are the best mom! How cute is that hat? And the cupcakes...um darling!
Perfection Emily!! I wouldn't have expected anything else! Someday we are going to have to go into business! I love all of the little touches, the hat, the banner, the bows on the chairs and of course the cupcakes(Glen will have to partner up with us too) What a great way to celebrate your sweet boy (and I don't care what people say, I think they do see the streamers and now just how much they are loved!) I wish we could have been there to celebrate with you!
So, I just glanced at these pics yesterday and thought that these were so cute, but didn't have time to read the details.....THEN.... KT informed me that GLEN decorated them and I was so freakin impressed!!! I LOVE it! It is always nice to know that he has good cupcake decorating skills to fall back on! So darling
Glen - quite impressed with the cupcakes. Your pirate cake a few years ago was pretty cool too. I think you should totally go into the cake decorating business - maybe even work for Charm City Cakes
Post a Comment