Last year Mother's day was pretty special because that's the day that we brought Gabriel home from the hospital!! What better gift can you get as a mother, than a new sweet baby?!! And this year it has been so fun to celebrate his first birthday on Mother's day, perfect timing , once again!!
Here he is fresh from Heaven...
what a bitter sweet day it's been... sweet because of all the milestones and happiness we've experienced this past year but also a little sad realizing that I can't re-live those days with my sweet Gabriel. I am hoping that I will never forget how my heart nearly burst when I held him for the first time, or how he used to hold my pinkey finger as he nursed. His first smile and giggle, his tiny toes and his strong little neck... right from the start!! I can still picture our family gathered around him cheering for him as he rolled over for the first time! Watching his chubbing little arms "roll it and roll it and toss it up!" I love the soft curls behind his ears and the way he scrunches up his nose. The way his eyes and expressions tell me exactly what he needs, and show me all the trust in the world! I love the excitement on his face when he gets to sit on Daddy's lap to drive the car (only to church and back!) and how he knows how to reach over and turn up the radio, bopping the whole time- he loves to dance!! His soft skin, and dimpled bottom. the scent of his hair and they way he closes his eyes as he splashes wildly in the tub! His sensitive side where he looks to me for reassurance. When he's not sure about a situation he gathers my shirt in his little fist and holds on for dear life! I love the pure joy in his face when he plays with his brothers... seeing him watch every little thing that they do, taking it all in. his wobbley walk and his determintion... even after lots of bumps and falls he never hesitates to get back up. the way he gagged the first time he ate peas, and the way he rubs his blanket on his face as he's falling asleep, his little hand waving bye-bye, his tiny newborn clothes, and swaddling him in a blanket for comfort. falling asleep with him in my arms, his grin, the sound of his voice, his tiny white blessings shoes....these are just a few of the memories, moments and milestones that we've shared with Gabe this past year! It's crazy that one so small can fill your heart so full and bring so much happiness!!
Happy Birthday little guy!! We sure love you!!
(pictures and details of his birthday bash still to come...)





5 comments:
Happy Birthday Gabe! He is the cutest little boy ever! I could just squeeze those cheeks - love it! They are precious and grow up too fast! Love ya
Happy Birthday little man! What a great birthday! You are such an amazing mom. I love this post, you gave me chills!
Oh, that was so sweet!! I can't believe that he is already 1!! This past year just flew by, and now your leaving!!:( I'm so sad, but happy that your moving back to a place that I love and visit often!! Now I get to visit you too!!:) I love you girl...
He is so cute and I am glad you enjoy him so much! When are you moving? If you need any help give me a ring!
Oh Em,
What a darling post - You had me getting all teary-eyed! Such a vivid description of your little man. I can't believe that sweet Gabe is already ONE year old! It has flown by....I remember all of the phone calls and excitement as the three of us (you, me and Sara) awaited the arrivals of our babes. What a year - I am so glad that we were able to share all of those pregnancy and new baby experiences - - We were all waiting for little Gabe to make his grand entrance so that we could welcome into our family! We love him so much - I am looking forward to many many more years and fun memories for our cute little cousins! Happy Happy Birthday Gabe! I wish I could be there to smother you with kisses and hear your sweet giggles! I can't wait to see pics from the party - I am sure that it was a perfect celebration. Love you all. xoxo
Post a Comment