Thursday, May 15, 2008

Pioneer Park

We love the view overlooking St. George at Pioneer Park! I LOVE the red rock everywhere especially in contrast to the green grass and palm trees...It's beautiful! although, I'd never want to trade green mountains full of quaking Aspen's and evergreen pines!! It's fun to see the differences but the mountains in Cache Valley will always hold a special place in my heart and are definatley more beautiful than any I've seen!! I can't even begin to describe the feeling as we round the corner coming out of Sardine canyon and there is...HOME... Cache Valley, with it's twinkiling lights, rolling hills, and acres of farm land. The Logan temple stands firm and magnificent above everything else and there in the background are the mountains!! I've wondered if I only feel this way because it's home to me, but I've heard other people say the same thing... there is just something special about Cache Valley!! I think moving away has only made my love for it stronger!! ...and what this has to do with Spring break in St. George, I have no idea! Just feeling sentimental I guess...
Everytime we're here the boys insist that we take a superhero picture of them holding up this mountain...


By the look on our faces can you guess what might be behind the camera?... I remember clearly Evan taking his time in the blazing heat, making sure to get the perfect shot...You can see the impatience seeping out of Glen and I! And Eli was jumping up and down and up and down, making goofy faces and loud bird calling noises trying to get Gabe to smile...it worked!!isn't he a doll! I'm sure people thought we were crazy!!



A trip to St. George would not be complete without a visit to Pioneer Park climbing the rocks, lizard hunting, rock throwing contests (BOYS!) and exploring. The best part for me was heading back to the hotel for a dip in the pool and some lounging in the sun...



Did I say dip in the pool and lounging in the sun?? That's just what I was HOPING for after a day of hiking around in the desert heat... what really happened was getting splashed relentlessly by two boys who love to tease. lifting Gabe in and out and in and out on the side of the pool- a game he loved! Only time to sip my diet coke and read my book for a minute once Glen got there after working for awhile.. such is life with three little boys and isn't it grand??!!!


This is the only day I took the camera to the pool with us and due to lots of things going on there was not too much time for photography, at least I got a few!! and just for the record... thanks to Glen I did get in a dip and some lounging... just not much this day but that's ok, we had lots of fun together!!

3 comments:

Becca and Kent said...

I love your hat, Em! It's so cute! And I feel the same way about Cache Valley. I'm dying thinking about having to live in Texas for a few years. It's too far from home!

Anonymous said...

Look at those cute sun-kissed little blonde boys! I can't believe how light Gabe's hair has gotten - he looks so adorable in that swimsuit and hat! You look adorable in your hat too! You expressed perfectly how I feel about good ol' Cache Valley - no matter where we end up it will always feel like home to me (and hopefully it will be home too ;)

Larsen Family said...

Oh man you should have called. We would have loved to spend the day with you guys. Next time call and let's all hang out.