Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Here Comes Trouble!!


Where did my EASY baby go?? In the last two weeks Gabe has gone from a mellow easy going baby to a toddler... no I can't call him that yet... He 's gone from a mellow easy going baby to a little bit bigger baby who has a mind of his own! Since he's been walking... that's ALL he wants to do now. No longer is he content to sit in the shopping cart holding a toy, now he wants to get out and I have to constatnly feed him fruit snacks in order to get any shopping done! And the worst is outside!! He used to watch from the window as the boys played, he'd pound on the glass but didn't have an interest in joining them. Well now that he's been outside and is able to walk around and go on the swing... he constantly goes over to the sliding door and tries to climb through it while whining and saying "wing, wing" (swing) oh, yeah, that' s another thing in the past few weeks he has started to say lots of new words and sounds. Each time Gabe wakes up, we say "bye-bye" to his binki and he throws it back into his crib until the next nap or bedtime. so when it's time for nap or bedtime again, we "look" for his binki and we call for it! He says "gink-ee" "gink-ee" and as soon as he see it he gets so excited! For his birthday we got him the leap frog animal sounds farm magnents... He LOVES it! And he is really interestd in animals now! When you ask him what the horse says he tells you "Heeeee" and the cow says "Mmmmmm" He also knows a kitty says "mou" a monkey says "Oh oh- ah ah" and a Dog says "oof oof" He can say "ball" and "ought-oh" and "down." He says down a lot lately because he wants to get down if we're holding him or if he's eating or if he'd getting his diaper changed. He just wants to go!! He perfected that word Sunday at church, and I heard little snickers from the people behind us who watched as he squirmed saying "down" over and over as we tried to distract him!! Ahhhh It's starting!!! And I thought packing nine months pregnant was hard!!! believe me, now that I have a little un-packer following me around...it's definatley more of a challenge!! Here are some pictures of what Gabe loves to do when I forget to close the bathroom door... Do they have toilet paper unrolling contests? He'd be the speed champion for sure!!
ought-oh... here comes trouble!!!

12 comments:

Brian Owens said...

Such cute boys and fun family memories. I love all you wrote about Gabe--that first year is amazing in so many ways. So fun to see what you have been up to. Good luck with the move and give Logan some love for me! :)

Jen

Becca and Kent said...

That's so funny. Well, at least he's cute while he's getting himself into trouble! If you ever get too tired of him, I'll take him for you! Just send him down to Texas and Kent and I will love him for as long as you want. He's adorable!

Glen H said...

I think he takes after his dad - always getting into trouble with mom... Actually he is probably more like his mom that way :-) He is definately a cute boy!

jkhuber said...

I feel your pain. Griffin is in the same boat right now only he has recently learned to open doors on his own so now we are looking for locks. :) Gotta love this age!

Julie said...

so cute!!!! just don't do what I did and buy him a shirt that says trouble is my middly name, it will only get worse! Love those pics of the toilet paper!!!

I Love Good Grub said...

Hi Em--so I'm sure you know I look at your blog, and I'm guessing you might take a gander at mine once in a while as well, but I've never left you a comment before. lame, i know. But I love looking at your cute family. You all are so stinking beautiful. I miss seeing you guys. Your family was like a second family to me for a while. Anyway, love your blog, and i love that cute boy Gabe.

Jennie said...

but he is so cute!

good luck! lol!

Jamie W. said...

What a cute little boy. Wow, sounds like you have been busy with him. The joys of having them walk. I dread going to the grocery store with my little guy that's all he wants to do is run around. It's kind of sad that they have to grow up but, they are just so dang cute.

Hey also what week are you going to Aspen Grove. My friend is going the week of June 9th. Just wondering.

Emily said...

What a cute blog! I'm so glad that I found you, I hope you don't mind. Your boys are sooo cute. (I know my mom loves them too!) Check out our site sometime. www.thewright6.blogspot.com

Emily said...

Thanks for message back. When I told my mom I found your blog she said, "I really miss that girl and I LOVE those boys." She would really love it if you stopped sometime. When are you moving back?

Alleman Family said...

What a cute little man!! I just LOVE the toddler stage! :) My little miss won't stop screaming.. in fact, she's screaming right now and has been for 15 minutes! We're trying new formulas to see if she's allergic to the milk.. next we're trying the acid reflux medicine.. oh so fun! But, definitely wouldn't trade her for ANYTHING! When you come back to Logan lets play... are you game?

Curtis Moser said...

I like that he's eating the toilet paper. Perhaps he's not getting enough fiber in his diet? We started to feed Addy Metamucil for breakfast and now she's not eating as much toilet paper. Just a suggestion.

:) j/k. Don't turn me in for child endangerment. We don't really feed her Metamucil. It's actually Benefiber.