Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Going South for the Winter...ok fine, just for Spring Break!


Last month for spring break we decided to try to escape the cold and head south!! My family of BOYS loves St. George... It is a boys place... plenty of dirt, rocks, lizards, golf, sweat, hiking...what more could a boy want...how about a swimming pool and maid service?? check! which just happens to be precisely why I love St. George too!! Glen made all the arrangements and as we were on the road I casually asked him, as I was flipping through my latest celebrity gossip magazine "So...What hotel are we staying in lover?" and he replied back "The Budget Inn." my jaw hit the floor and I'm pretty certain my eyes popped out of my head!! I won't tell you the rest of the conversation... I'm not that high maintenance but when you hear "Budget Inn??" come on... what comes to mind? A Ghetto hole right? so after lots of "discussion" my sweet husband says... "I looked into it, it seemed really great, if it's not perfect I'll find us another place!" That satisfied me for the rest of the drive but in the back of my mind I was getting ready to pounce when we pulled in...Well it doesn't happen very often but, I was wrong! Turns out, the Budget Inn is NEW! We stayed in a suite on ground level, the place had a Great big outdoor pool area, an indoor pool, fenced playground, and an indoor playland too... all of which were shiney new and clean!! a nice gym (although the treadmill was ancient) and complimentary breakfast!! I felt bad for assuming that the Budget Inn would be a hole!! Moral of the story... don't ever name a business with a bad name like... "Budget Inn", "tight wad hotel", or "low income haven" because no one is gonna want to stay there if you do!! We ended up loving the place, it was a perfect location and as I mentioned there were lots of fun things for the boys to do right there!! Below are a bunch of pictures of our little get away!! and may I just add a HUGE shout out to my husband for putting up with me and for planning the perfect Spring Break!!


like I said... a boys paradise...miles and miles of sand to roll in, dig holes in, get burried in and if your Gabe... To EAT!!












I think these are some of the cutest pictures of Gabe... just thinking, wondering, and exploring...

This one is especially for my grandma Murray, who loves babies little necks...so kissable!!


Here we are taking a little walk in Snow canyon, looking for turtles...didn't find one but the sunshine sure felt good, especially because back at home it was SNOWING!!



Here is the scrunched up nose I'm so in love with...just look at those cute teeth too!!
am I wierd because I think this face is cute? How could you not? Just look at him, what a doll!

Oh, there are still SO many pictures and details of our trip...but it's late and I'm sick of waiting for pictures to uplaod, it seems to be taking forever tonight... I'll add more tomorrow...

3 comments:

Heather said...

Can I just tell you, I'm so glad you call your husband lover, too. I was talking to Jeff and call him that one time when we were in company and just about got booed out of the room. It looks like so much fun on those hikes. What a fun family trip.

jkhuber said...

Sounds fun! I love St. George, I went there a lot in college. Gabe and Griffin have this same shirt. We should take twinner pictures at Aspen Grove.

Becca and Kent said...

Somehow I missed this post earlier. Gabe's face with his nose all scrunched up is SO cute. I just want to eat him up. :D If I have a baby even half that cute someday I'll be a happy mama.