Wednesday, May 14, 2008

A little Heaven on Earth...

We went to the Thanksgiving Point tulip festival with my parents the second day that it opened... If you've been to the gardens there you know that they are more than beautiful... I knew that already and could only imagine how much more beautiful they would be, covered with millions of tulips...Well my heart sank a bit when we started down the paths and there were lots of buds instead!! There were a few patches of tulips here and there, and several daffodils... but not at all what I was expecting!! Oh, well...the weather was beautiful, and we had a great time!! I guess with all this cold the tulips didn't want to come out... I know just how they feel I'm tired of the cold too!! We decide we'd have to hope for lots of sunshine and check back!!







Notice Gabe's curled up toes and hands... He wasn't too sure about the grass!! Everytime we held his hands and stood him in the grass he'd raise up his little legs and pulled a funny face... and there was no way he was going to crawl in the stuff... he just sat there wondering why we were all laughing as he tried to balance without touching the grass!!








It's fun to watch all the giant fish in the lake. They mainly gathered over by us thanks to a few cheerios Glen found in the diaper bag!!




My sweet boys...

I am always snapping pictures of Gabe doing nothing, I can't resist ... isn't he just perfect?!



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Emily,
I love to read your blog. You always have a way of making the simple things in life so exciting and fun. You truly are such a great example. I just had our second baby and serioulsy it is a lot harder than I thought. but when I read about you and your boys and the fun times you have it makes me feel so much better. I even had my mom go out and by me that book I am a mother so I could get some inspiration and it has worked miracles. Please keep in touch soon. I am so glad to hear that your are moving back to Logan. It will be so nice to chat again. Have a great week.