So... today my baby turned two... not my new baby... Oliver... no, my other baby... Gabe. it has been a bitter sweet day. Gabe has had a hard time with all the changes around here which breaks my heart... I miss him being my baby. It's hard when he tells me not to feed Oliver or to put him away now or when he says with tears in his eyes "no hold baby Oliver, just hold Gabe mommy" He's being pushed out of the nest (is that how the saying goes?) so today on his birthday I wanted to be sure he felt the love... we did the best we could... with a brand new baby, little sleep, emotions running high etc... it turned out to be a pretty special day for him and I wish I had the time and brain power to write all about it, post pictures and write a proper tribute to my little guy. But I don't because... I've got to get to bed so that I can survive another day... I keep having to remind myself to slow down, and enjoy every minute... time flies! So, long story short... Happy Birthday to my sweet sweet Gabriel. I will write all about it... later...
2 comments:
Happy Birthday to Gabe!! How right you are Emily, just slow down and enjoy where you are right now. These days will soon be over. We love you all!!!
Happy Birthday Gabe! I'm sure he'll get used to baby Oliver and soon he'll be the best big brother ever!
Post a Comment