Thursday, May 14, 2009

Coming Home

I remember feeling anxiety as Glen and I drove home with our first baby in the backseat... He was ours now and we were on our own. It was exciting but at the same time... terrifying! You may think that with the fourth we should feel like old pro's but each time that I've left the hospital with a new baby in tow... there are always twinges of anxiety, just like that first time... He is ours now... a new little life that we are responsible for... although a bit terrifying it is also refreshing and empowering to realize the influence we have
and the trust that we have been given!

My cute mom went to our house earlier in the day with Gabriel and decorated the house. It made our welcome home for little Oliver just perfect!







I love having this sweet baby in our home. It has been quite an adjustment mixed with little sleep and wacky hormones which should make for hard times... but I am always amazed that no matter how tired I am or how upside down things seem to turn... I adore this little fellow and my heart is full for my four little boys! Welcome home Oliver!


6 comments:

Anonymous said...

He is adorable! It was fun to see pictures of him. I am getting a little nervous (or a lot!) and excited for us to start going through these same things in not very long! I wish I could be there to give that sweet baby a love (in just a couple of months though). Thanks for sharing

byebyedays said...

What a sweet angel baby. You guys are blessed that's for sure... He'll be so loved.

Shirlene said...

That brought back lots of memories of taking a new baby from the hospital and going home. Even with number 8 it was the same -- just like you described - anxious, nervous, excited but kind of scary too.

Becca and Kent said...

Oh-I'm so excited/anxious/impatient/not ready yet for the day that we bring ours home too!

Thanks for the sweet post!

Sarah Ida said...

Em, I LOVE to read your blog. There aren't very many blogs that I like to sit and read every word, but I do love yours. Oliver is adorable and I can't wait to see him again. Love you!

Katie Jane said...

What a doll that Ollie is! Can I call him that? I am so glad he is here safe and sound. When can I come and snuggle that little one? I am ready today! But seriously tell me when you are up for visitors and be prepared to have dinner brought to you as well. No arguing, I won't allow it! Also, I put the link on my blog to my stroller. Can I just say again how much I love it? I will tell you more about it when I come to visit. Tera is going to be in town by June 9th and I know she is excited to see our babe! I will talk to you soon! Love ya tons.