I was working on this post just a few days before I went into labor and never got around to publishing it. I wasn't going to publish it, you know old news? but then I decided that my dear husband deserves the credit, as I know any positive note from my corner must mean the world to him at this point... I am one girl who's post pregnancy hormones scream perfection... must have perfectly clean house, perfect behavior from kids, perfect schedule, perfect family... I want it all perfect?? and my sweet Glen is doing his best to make it that way
and I sure LOVE him!
One day...when Evan was little he got really mad about not getting his way. One of those moments where you can just see the frustration of not being BIG enough oozing out! As he huffed off, through clenched teeth he hissed over his shoulder... "This is the worst day of my life!"
At the time Glen and I waited until he was out of hearing distance and then we started laughing. Every parent has done it, right? It just seemed so funny that he had made such a strong statement at such a young age... over something that really was not a big deal. He had no idea what it really meant to have "the worst day of your life"
I had forgotten about Evan's statement until the other day when I decided that I was having "the worst day of my life" yes, I know a bit bold... but I am just a few hormonal days away from having a baby for crying out loud!
I won't go into the details (because now that I've come to my senses I'm too embarrassed that I was being so petty :) ) but just know that at the time... it felt like the worst day, really!! So with a big chip on my shoulder I texted my husband at work to let him know just how I felt about my day and to let him know that I would not be making any dinner that night. I let him know that if he wanted to eat, he'd have to fend for himself... oh and the boys were all his too! I was OFF duty for the night! He texted me back some sweet message to hang in there and that he'd take care of everything.... my day felt even worse then, because I sat there wondering... "why does he even like me?" and I concluded that I do not deserve my perfect husband! I rolled my eyes and sunk deeper into the couch cushion feeling even more sorry for myself. Pretty soon he came home from work and to my rescue. He knelt down beside me and pulled from behind his back
MY FAVORITE....
and I sure LOVE him!
One day...when Evan was little he got really mad about not getting his way. One of those moments where you can just see the frustration of not being BIG enough oozing out! As he huffed off, through clenched teeth he hissed over his shoulder... "This is the worst day of my life!"
At the time Glen and I waited until he was out of hearing distance and then we started laughing. Every parent has done it, right? It just seemed so funny that he had made such a strong statement at such a young age... over something that really was not a big deal. He had no idea what it really meant to have "the worst day of your life"
I had forgotten about Evan's statement until the other day when I decided that I was having "the worst day of my life" yes, I know a bit bold... but I am just a few hormonal days away from having a baby for crying out loud!
I won't go into the details (because now that I've come to my senses I'm too embarrassed that I was being so petty :) ) but just know that at the time... it felt like the worst day, really!! So with a big chip on my shoulder I texted my husband at work to let him know just how I felt about my day and to let him know that I would not be making any dinner that night. I let him know that if he wanted to eat, he'd have to fend for himself... oh and the boys were all his too! I was OFF duty for the night! He texted me back some sweet message to hang in there and that he'd take care of everything.... my day felt even worse then, because I sat there wondering... "why does he even like me?" and I concluded that I do not deserve my perfect husband! I rolled my eyes and sunk deeper into the couch cushion feeling even more sorry for myself. Pretty soon he came home from work and to my rescue. He knelt down beside me and pulled from behind his back
MY FAVORITE....
I love Granny B.'s pink sugar cookies and usually have the sense to avoid them, but when miserable and pregnant all senses go out the window and comfort is number one... Granny B.'s definitely bring comfort! Sinking your teeth into a bleached white flour pillow that is as moist as a cloud, topped with a half inch of pink fluffy frosting with scattered, cheerful, colored sprinkles.... is heaven! And when pregnant your eating for two so the 532 calories (for real!) don't seem so bad, and who's counting at this point anyway? My mouth was salivating the minute that I saw the cookie... and it even turned up into...not just a smile, but a grin! How did he know that this simple pink cookie would change my day from being the "worst ever" completely around? Maybe it's because he loves me? Wait, he doesn't just love me... he likes me too...even when I am pregnant and cookoo and cranky! I relished that thought with each bite of my cookie and decided then that It would be pretty impossible for me to ever have "the worst day of my life" I am one lucky girl






2 comments:
Hope your days just get better and better. And, always remember "This too will pass." You are awesome and we think you have an awesome husband too!! Love you!!!
That's so sweet!! (And I always think that when I'm sad I expend more calories so I need more--if it was your worst day ever, you could have eaten four or five of those cookies.) :D
Kent is always doing things to cheer me up, too, but I'm worse than you because sometimes it makes me even more annoyed and I tell him to "just let me be mad for a while." :D Oh boy. Gotta love these pregnancy moods. It's crazy!
Post a Comment