Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Baby Oliver... Two weeks old

With all my other boys I have made the mistake of thinking that I can capture that newborn "tender perfectness" with my own camera... By the time I got the film developed ( back in those days) with Evan and Eli it was too late... and I realized that my camera and skills just didn't cut it... poor lighting, bad angels etc... made for pictures that just don't do them justice. And when Gabe was a newborn we had just moved, life was crazy, and I sort of forgot about the whole photo shoot thing and then suddenly he was no longer a newborn... So I decided then that with "our next" we were going to get some professional pictures to capture those few seconds (or so it seems) that they are "new" I love. love. love... new babies. Their wrinkles, soft hair, the tiny curves of their ears, their downy hair, skinny bird legs, skin like velvet... I love to touch and hold, to smell and to just be amazed by all their tiny parts and that they are all... PERFECT! It is amazing!! I know lots of people are paranoid about germs with a newborn... I worry about people spreading germs too but I also want to share my babies... because there is nothing like a new baby. How often do you really get to hold a little angel so tiny...


and I am really rambling on, aren't I? Sorry... I tend to do that normally and then being TIRED makes it even worse! and I am really tired... So back to the reason for this post...
professional pictures...
My talented friend Camille Stewart (T&C photography) (who is sort of like a little sister... she is Julie's ( my real little sister) dear friend) came over for the afternoon with her cute baby girl Remy. It was so fun to chat and chill and pose Ollie with her. She is an amazing photographer and I love every picture that she took of him! I couldn't pick a favorite to post... so I just posted most of them! I am still learning how to make pictures big on blogs and it was taking too long so they are all pretty little ... but they are so much cuter close up. I think if you put the mouse on them and click it will enlarge the picture... try it and see because there is so much detail! I think she captured exactly what he looks like... his sweetness, his tender little self. I don't know about you but I can almost feel his warm little body and smell his sweet skin in these pictures... they are that good! I know I'm his mom so I am biased... but he is one beautiful baby... if you ask me?!!

May 18 2009
Two weeks old
























Oliver_0562

6 comments:

Shirlene said...

What a precious baby!! Great pictures!! I love the newborn time.

I Love Good Grub said...

Thanks for the shout-out Em! He is so sweet and I loved hanging out with you guys. Thanks for asking me to photograph Oliver. What a treat!

Brian Owens said...

He is perfectly wonderful! I am so glad you "share" him with us. Love the pictures, so fun you caught him with that sweet little smile--hard to do at that age!

Sunny Jo said...

SO super cute Em!! They are all so precious!! But I gotta say that last one is my fav!! He is way too cute...Im sure u just can't get enough of him!!

Anonymous said...

Honestly - so adorable. I can't wait for my own sweet precious newborn to get here. Oliver is looking more like Glen to me. So cute!! Can't wait to see you guys in a little more than a month!

Heather said...

SO PERFECT! I wish I could just smell his sweet skin, and cuddle that little man. Those are great photos! You are so blessed, and you have the luckiest kids in the world, to have you as their mommy! miss you xoxo