For the first several days after bringing Oliver home Gabe was not interested in his new baby brother at all! We said "hold him" Gabe said "NO!" we said "isn't he cute?" Gabe said "NO!" In fact he didn't want any of us to hold Oliver. He kept saying "Don't hold him!" "Don't feed him!" "Just hold Gabe"... and he didn't want anyone to help him but ME!! One day I picked Ollie up and started talking to him and Gabe had a little fit. Don't talk to "ah- va- ver" mommy" he whined and then he started to cry! All of this was breaking my heart! I've been feeling so tired, not able to keep up with FOUR kids, keep up a household and with poor Gabe really struggling... It was HARD... BUT slowly things are getting better and Gabe is getting used to most of the changes and I think he really likes Oliver now and that is a big step for a mama who's feeling pretty guilty! I know it will take a little time and I'm hoping that before we know it
Gabe and Oliver will be best buddies!!






6 comments:
so precious! I love those pictures of Gabe and Oliver.
Wow, he's so beautiful. I can't believe you named him Oliver James - that's totally what I wanted to name my firstborn son!!
Oh I'm sure they will be the best of buds. They are adorable together. Love that last picture!! Congrats on the new boy!!
Emily, I can't believe how much Oliver has already changed! Wow! What a cute little guy! Gabe will come around--four is a big adjustment. You will do great! :)
It is so cute to see how Gave loves his little brother!! They are darling. I bet they will be great buds!
You are a wonderful mother Em! Give Gabe a little while and he won't even know what to do without that sweet little brother of his. Hang in. Love ya.
Post a Comment