Saturday, May 23, 2009

Two babies...

I know that most of my recent posts have been about Gabe and Oliver... they are the ones who are home with me all day and really the ones who I am most concerned with lately. Don't get me wrong... I love and think about Elijah, Evan and Glen... it's just that they do ok without my constant attention :) Just when I think Gabe is doing well... he doesn't do so well! So mostly I feel like I have two babies... and I guess, really... I DO! I wonder though if it would be easier if they were both newborns... yes, twins have got to be easier??!! One big baby and one tiny baby are sure a handful but we are just taking it one day at a time. On good days I am so relieved and on not so good days Gabe has his binki and blanket all day (usually it's just for nap time) he escapes to the great outdoors early in the morning wearing only his snow boots and a diaper, he eats too many treats (whatever works to keep him happy) he cries and whines (a lot)... and that's just 1/4 of it! So in case you are wondering... Evan and Eli are doing great! They are finishing up their last weeks of school, both just finished soccer season and had lots of fun! They are both starting baseball and have been practicing a lot! Evan is busy with scouts, they do lots of jobs around the house and are loving the warm weather and lots of playtime outside. Evan had his final ballroom dance performance, and I will post video and pictures of all of these activities ... someday... maybe? For now we are taking things one day at a time. Lately Gabe not only acts like a baby... he wants to be one... he has to be everywhere that Oliver is....

the two babies with their Daddy


Ollie hanging out in his bouncy chair...
and as soon as I start snapping pictures Gabe gets very interested and has to steal the show...







It is a pretty cute show though....
until he tries to climb into the chair with Oliver... and then photo shooot over...

Gabe had been wanting to swing since we pulled this out of storage... this picture was taken on one of those not so good days... I indulged him... put him in the swing (so he'd stop whining about it) and loaded him up with colored marshmallows! I know that I am probably ruining him but we are in survial mode :)
and doesn't he look proud... he knows who's in charge...
like I said I'm taking one day at a time... whether its a good day or bad day... I'm making sure to take several moments everyday where I just enjoy the little things... Oliver certainly brings a special spirit to our home. Gabe is so innocent and curious and it's fun to see all of my boys full of excitement and wonder for their new baby brother!








2 comments:

Barbi Mecham said...

Hang in there my friend. You are a wonderful mother and someday you will look back at this moment and laugh. You have such sweet boys! Oliver is beautiful! Call me...I will come over and hold Oliver and Gabe and Owen can play. I love you.

Shirlene said...

Sounds like you are doing everything right!! I think it takes three months to get things to feel back to normal with everyone. Enjoy those cute little boys!! And, keep surviving - you are great!