This year in Evan's class they had a Valentine box contest. We were brainstorming one day after school, trying to think of ways to decorate his box. At first he wanted to put stickers on a shoe box... What?? Where's the fun in that? I told him that when I was little I remember my brother Steven won his class Valentine box contest. He made his box look like a computer. My dad helped him, and the rest of the family even got in on the fun!! Computers were sort of new back then (sorry Steve!) so it was pretty cool. The whole thing was decorated with candy!! The keys were conversation hearts, the space bar was a stick of gum! There was a slit cut as the disk drive and that was where you dropped in your Valentine!! the screen and all the buttons were candy... I remember thinking it was the coolest thing ever, and wishing my box that I'd made at school was neat like his! Everyone else thought it was pretty great too- he did win!!! After I told Evan this story, his eyes lit up and then he really started naming some crazy things that he wanted to do with his box! He finally decided that he wanted it to look like a semi truck! (fitting, since he does want to be a semi truck driver when he grows up!!) So when Glen got home Evan told him all about it and together they came up with something a little more do-able! ...a pick-up truck! Glen had a little too much fun with it, if you ask me.... He was talkin about suspension, hydraulics, and rims???? they even put a custom license plate on it "Revvin Evan!" They had a blast and it came together great!!! Guess who won the contest... yep, EVAN!!! He was so proud!!
25% Off. Don’t Pay Full Price.
1 week ago





1 comment:
That is so awesome - mostly because Evan wants to be a "trucker" when he grows up!
Post a Comment