Saturday, February 9, 2008

Fun with Family

The first few days in January my sister Sara and her family (who were in town for the baptism) came and stayed with us before flying back to California. Our kids are the best of friends, our husbands too, which makes for lots of great times together and leaves us always anticipating the NEXT time when we'll be together!! Below are some pictures and descriptions of some of the things we did before they left and before the boys Winter Break from School ended...


Krispy Kreme Donuts

We surprised the kids just as they were waking up one morning, by telling them we'd be having donuts for breakfast!! They were so excited! We headed to "Krispy Kreme" donut shop and made it just in time to see the donut making process... The kids pressed their noses against the glass window as they watched, fascinated! I must admit, it was very educational and fun to see the donuts moving along, flipping over from side to side and my personal favorite... watching them go through the frosting waterfall!! It took everyone quite awhile to pick their "perfect" donut. The kids all had flavors and sprinkles added. But for me, plain old glazed and still warm from the oil... was the BEST...mmmm....I love Krispy Kreme donuts they melt in your mouth!


the kids...taking it all in!!


Sara's baby Miles thought he was pretty "neat stuff" with his own Krispy Kreme hat!


Could there be any more sprinkles on that donut??


Breakfast...can't beat donuts with chocolate milk!

cute kids!

Playing in the snow!!

The kids played out in the back yard for a long time. It's nice to have so many sledding hills just out the back door. they warmed up after sipping hot chocolate while watching a movie!
The Dinosaur Museum!!
Glen offered to give me and Sara some much needed "sister time" Isn't he the greatest?... He really is!! We put the babies down for naps and hung out while Glen took the four older kids to Thanksgiving Point Dinosaur museum for a few hours. They had a blast learning about dinosaurs, making their own dinosaur land in the water/sand tables, and digging for dinosaur bones using brushes and tools!


We did some other fun things in those two days that they were here also... can't get better than a late night Taget run with my sister! a crepe smorgasbord, adult game night, and being treated to a girls outing for pedicures! The two days that they were here went by too fast, we had so much fun but we were excited knowing that we'd see them again in just two weeks, when they would return for a ski trip with their friends in Deer Valley. They planned on having my mom babysit Miles while staying at my house since it was closer than Logan! At this time we didn't know that my little sister Julie would end up joining us from Wisconsin too... I'll save that story for another post...stay tuned... I'm almost caught up!!

4 comments:

Katie Jane said...

I am so jealous! Krispy Kreme in the morning! Really isn't that what heaven will be like? I am pretty sure. Cousins are so cool and sisters are even better! I bet you miss her like crazy when she leaves. I know the feeling.

Curtis Moser said...

Holy cow! There were A LOT of sprinkles on that donut. :)

Julie said...

SOOO much fun, I love Cousin days!!

Alleman Family said...

So Fun! I loved Glen's post to you as well. That was adorble. Those donuts look amazing and I can't believe those deer pics. You should work for National Geographic!!