Happy Birthday to my Baby Sister!!

Julie and Ruby Halloween 2007
Happy Birthday Julie bugs! ...that is what we called her when she was little! Out of all of us she definatley has the most nick names... Jules, Jubee, Ju Ju, Julie boo, baby doll, just to name a few. We were all enough older when she came along that Julie was the center of our universe! She is the baby of our family, four years younger than me! I remeber thinking she was sort of like a toy, (but only in ther best of ways!) we'd dress her up, and push her in our doll stollers. She was sick a lot as a baby, had lots of allergies- to milk especially... I remember eating our cold cereal with water with her... just so that she wouldn't feel bad. And if we ever had ice cream, we'd take turns playing in the other room with her, so she wouldn't know what she was missing!
As we've gotten older, we've only grown closer. Some of my favorite things about Julie are...
* She was there with us when I delivered Evan. When I was in nursing school, I was amazed at how moving it was and what a miracle it was to see a tiny perfect baby come into the world, and to be one of the first people to greet them, so fresh from heaven! I invited Julie because I knew that its not very often that you get to have that opportunity! It was so special to have her there to help me and to see tears of joy running down her cheeks as we all welcomed Evan. She is so tenderhearted!
*When she was single, living in an apartment, going to Utah State, and working. she was so busy, Instead of avoiding us, her family. She made sure to be there for everything we did... carving pumpkins, coloring easter eggs, decorating ginger bread houses, Sunday dinner- everything! She had some of the best roomates, who usually came along and became like sisters to us! Julie loves her family and she lets us know it!
* When she worked at the Anniverary Inn in Logan. We'd stop on the way home from Evan's preschool to see her and she's always give us a Cookie from the Welcome platter that was just for guests!
*She loves her nieces and nephews, and they adore her!
* When Julie lived in Logan, she was single and rich and had the cutest clothes! I went to her apartment once a week at least to borrow her clothes. She always let me, and she helped me put together the cutest outfits when I had a special occasion. She has this eye for funky, trendy, stylish fashion. She still has the cutest clothes, she's too far away for me to borrow them now, and I'm not quite her size anymore either!! (darn, third baby!)- I miss her!
*Julie got the sense of humor in our family! She is always sayings things that make me laugh, her perspective is positive and fun! She is so much fun to hang out with!
*We were so excited when Julie met her husband Richie! They were made for each other- the cutest couple! Her wedding day was beautiful. So classy and elegant. Her's was the last wedding for our little family- It was so incredible to have our entire family in the temple together! It was such a bitter sweet day- We were so happy of course, but were a little sad to see her move to Wisconsin but knew she'd be well taken care of, joining her handsome husband who was soon to be a doctor! Julie is adventurous!
* Julie is an incredible mother to her baby girl Ruby Jane! Ruby has red hair, just like Julie... (except when she dies it blonde or brown!) Ruby is the happiest, sweetest, most funny girl and it is so fun to watch Julie adore her, love her and teach her. It is so fun to have babies so close in age and share experiences together!
I could list a million other things... I have so many things that I love about Julie and so many memories with her and about her, I wish I had time to share them all! All these thoughts and memories wrapped up together give us the relationship that we have today. We are the best of friends! All of us sisters are! We call each other on the phone everyday! (seriously) Julie keeps me going, encourages me, laughs with me, gives perfect advice, and makes me want to be like her. She is my favorite little sister! Happy Birthday Julie! I love you so!!!





No comments:
Post a Comment