Happy New Year!!
2008

We rang in the new year with almost all of the Huber family at Glen's parents condo in South Jordan. There were six of Glen's eight siblings and their families there plus his parents!! Because there were so many of us it worked out great to use the "clubhouse" in the gated condo development where they live. It has a pool, exercise room, a great room and a kitchen! We did lots of swimming, playing games, eating, and catching up on the latest family news. We played family bingo and Grandma gave out some pretty neat prizes. We had a pre- new year party for the littlest kids at 8:00 which included a count down, streamers, and lots of noise. We tucked them into bed and that of course is when the party really started!! Evan and Eli were both excited to try to stay up until midnight with their BIG cousins playing games! The adults hung out and played games also and when midnight struck we blew into our noise makers, threw serpentine streamers, yelled "Happy New Year!" and of course exchanged a kiss with our spouses- the first kiss of the year!! I love New Years and the feeling of turning a new chapter in life! On the way home Glen and I reminisced about last year and all the changes and blessings that happened in our lives... We talked about and tried to make predictions for the year ahead... It's now February and I've stuck to a... few of my goals... hmmm...writing this post has been a good reminder and I am now rededicating myself! Happy New Year everybody!!!
1 comment:
I love all you do Emily. Your blog is great. Thanks for sharing everything! Love you all, Grandma Huber
Post a Comment